Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly - 7,000-lb E-Z Lube Axles - 12" Diameter - 8 on 6-1/2 Item # AKHD-865-7-1-EZ-K
AxleTek Trailer Hubs and Drums - AKHD-865-7-1-EZ-K
Install this hub-and-drum assembly on your trailer. For electric or hydraulic brakes. Fits 7,000-lb E-Z Lube axles. Inner bearing (25580) and race, outer bearing (14125A) and race, grease seal, grease cap, and lug nuts for 9/16" studs included.
- Trailer hub-and-drum assembly provides surface area for brake shoes to grip when brake is activated
- Compatible with electric and hydraulic drum brakes
- E-Z Lube-compatible grease cap makes lubricating bearings fast and easy
- Remove rubber plug to access zerk fitting on spindle - no need to disassemble hub
- Sturdy iron construction
- Zinc-enriched paint on drum adds durability
- Zinc-finished bolts resist corrosion
- Bearings, races, grease seal, grease cap, and lug nuts are included
- QAI and CSA certified
- Application: 7,000-lb E-Z Lube trailer axles with #42 spindles
- Compatible with standard axles from most manufacturers, including Dexter, Lippert (LCI), and AL-KO
- Actual drum dimensions: 12-15/16" diameter x 2-1/2" long
- Works with 12" brake assembly
- Bolt pattern: 8 on 6-1/2
- Wheel studs: 9/16" diameter x 1-5/8 long
- Grease cap flange diameter: 2.72"
- Weight capacity: 3,500 lbs
- Limited 1-year warranty
Bearing, Race, and Seal Information
- Bearings (included)
- Inner bearing: 25580 (1.75" inner diameter)
- Outer bearing: 14125A (1.25" inner diameter)
- Races (included)
- Inner race: 25520
- Outer race: 14276
- Grease seal (included): GS2250DL
- Inner diameter: 2.25"
- Outer diameter: 3.376"
Thoroughly Tested for Safety
This hub-and-drum assembly meets the requirements for certification by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). The CSA creates standards, which when complied with ensure a safe and quality product. This assembly underwent extensive testing to measure stopping distances when braking. This assembly has also been tested by QAI for braking performance in a complete automotive setup and under real-world conditions to provide the most realistic scenario for the everyday driver.
E-Z Lube-Compatible Assembly for Simple Lubrication
The grease cap on this hub-and-drum assembly is specially designed to work with your Dexter E-Z Lube axle to make lubricating bearings quick and easy. Just remove the plug on the grease cap, attach a grease gun to the zerk fitting on the end of the spindle, and inject the grease. It will flow easily to both inner and outer bearings. Not only does this make lubricating the bearings easy, but it also helps to prevent corrosion of the hub. This is because you can lubricate the bearings without the mess of taking apart the entire assembly.
Determining the Bolt Pattern
The first number in the bolt pattern is the number of bolt holes. The second number denotes the diameter, in inches, of the circle on which the bolt holes sit.
On wheels with an even number of bolt holes, measure from the center of one bolt hole to the center of the hole directly across from it. (Example: 8 on 6-1/2 means 8 bolt holes with 6-1/2" from the center of one hole to the center of another on the opposite side.)
To determine the bolt-circle diameter on wheels with an odd number of bolt holes, measure from the center of any bolt hole to the point halfway between the two bolt holes directly across from the first. (Example: 5 on 4-1/2 means 5 bolt holes with 4-1/2" measured to a point halfway between the opposite bolt holes.)
Measuring the distance (D) from the center of one bolt hole on the wheel to the center of a bolt hole right next to it can also help to determine the bolt pattern.
- If D = 2-5/8", then the bolt pattern is 5 on 4-1/2"
- If D = 2-3/4", then the bolt pattern is 5 on 4-3/4"
- If D = 3", then the bolt pattern is 5 on 5"
- If D = 3-1/4", then the bolt pattern is 5 on 5-1/2"
BD2-865-37 AxleTek 12" Hub and Drum Assembly for 7K Axle with Hardware - 8 on 6-1/2 - EZ Lube
We Also Recommend
BF4457 Broce broom brake drum asm with bearings
4406r broce broom wheel cylinder right hand